Top steel producers in China
2012 was a tough year for Chinese steelmakers, as weak
demand and massive oversupply caused 7 of the countrys biggest
steelmakers to report a fall in production. However 2013 is set to be a
stronger year with output for the first quarter rising by 8.4%.
If you are not a subscriber, but want to have access to company intelligence, contact us
* These companies have been ranked by 2012 crude steel output. All data figures are in metric tonnes.
- Hebei Iron & Steel Group (69,228,000)
- Baosteel Group Corp (42,696,000)
- WISCO (36,424,000)
- Jiangsu Shagang Group (32,309,000)
- Shougang Group (31,418,000)
- Anshan Iron & Steel Group (30,200,000)
- Shandong Iron & Steel Group (23,006,000)
- Maanshan Iron & Steel Co (17,339,000)
- Bohai Iron & Steel Group (17,317,000)
- Valin Group (14,113,000)
Anyone wishing to source or sell commodities in China ranging from base to precious to minor metals, ferro-alloys, steel raw materials, flats, longs and semi-finished goods needs to have access to all the data in the Metal Bulletin Company Database. Request a web demo.
Other regional metal production rankings
Top rare earth projects outside China
Top alumina refinery projects in South-East Asia
Top aluminium producers in the MENA region
Top steel producers in the Americas